Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12" 50/100W
The DUAL RECTIFIER® ROADSTER™ is more than just an amp. It’s a collection of amps housed in one chassis. This arsenal of sounds is so powerful that with them at your command, inspiration will take over and propel your playing to places you have only dreamed.
Four independent preamp channels make up the front end of the Roadster and though they may each be used for any sound, they are grouped as two sets of lower gain Rhythm Channels (1 & 2) and two sets of high gain Lead Channels (3 & 4). Each of these channels house 3 different modes, which are voiced differently and in certain cases have different gain structures. These modes are duplicated in the two types of channels (excepting one in each Rhythm Channel) which makes it possible to use them for different settings of the same sound.
The Roadster features our Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power feature allowing you to choose either 50 or 100-watt power for each preamp Channel.
The Roadster also features Rectifier Tracking, which automatically matches the type of rectification for each of the preamp/power sections you have configured.
The Roadster incorporates a rich, all tube analog Reverb. Controlled per channel with the Rear Panel Reverb controls, it may be switched in and out via the foot controller.
Our patented SOLO feature is an additional Output Level control that is wired in parallel to the Output and provides a pre-assignable, footswitchable boost for stepping out when it’s time to solo.
A built-in Variac, our patented SPONGY/BOLD switch, is also included which enables you to reduce the A.C. line voltage for a looser feel and increased upper harmonic spread resulting in that brown sound that has the elusive sag.
And finally, to keep you in constant control of all the features aboard this vehicle of expression, we supply one of the mightiest footswitches around. All possible Channels, Functions, and Features are there for your instant access and their status is monitored by LED illumination.
*The item is available in external warehouse for online orders.
◦ Made in Petaluma, California with the world’s finest materials
◦ Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 2 or all 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt Power Switches / 4x6L6, 6x12AX7, 2x5U4
◦ Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
◦ Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
◦ 4 Fully Independent Channels with 12 Modes (Channel 1 = Clean, Fat or Tweed™, Channel 2 = Clean, Fat or Brit, Channels 3 & 4 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
◦ Each Channel features Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb, Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking™ (Diode or Tube Tracking – Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458), All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
◦ Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
◦ Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
◦ Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
◦ True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loops, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
◦ Slave Out w/Level Control
◦ External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, Solo, Reverb, FX Loop & Hundred Watt
◦ 8 Button Footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4, Reverb, FX Loop & Solo)
◦ UK Made, Celestion Vintage 30 Speakers
◦ Slip Cover
◦ Format: 2x12 Combo
◦ Standard Finish: Black Taurus Vinyl with Black Diamond Plate Half Panel and Black Jute Grille
◦ Dimensions: 21 1/2" H x 26 3/4" W x 12 3/4" D
◦ Weight: 100 lbs.